About Me

My photo
Naples Foodie married with 2 kids. This blog is where I share all kinds of tantalizing cuisine found throughout Naples as well as recipes and other food related content. I hope you enjoy.

Hubby (my soul brotha)

Brutus Beefcake
Powered by Blogger.

"Love"

"ZMan"

Looking for something?

Custom Search

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Are You Ready for Some Football?



I know I know; some women may say "Your ready for football?". But yes I am. I was the wife who would watch her husband every Sunday glued to the TV watching the games; it was great for me as it would always put me to sleep; nice little Sunday afternoon nap.

But I figured; hmmm...this is what my husband enjoys doing; he does stuff with me he may not want to do...isn't that what marriage is...give and take...yes it is...

So I figured if I am going to watch football, I need to understand what the hell their doing. So began the questions;

What is a first down?

How do you get a first down?

How much does he make a year?

Do the players date the cheerleaders?

Why are they running up the middle, doesn't he know they will block him. ( I hate this play, doesn't seem to work that often)

These are some random questions I have asked and sometimes keep asking. But yet, he always answers them. Maybe because he enjoys me being with him watching football, or maybe because he knows I will keep asking if he doesn't...hell I ask anyway. I don't stop talking.

But over the years I have learned the game of football, I'm no expert. I still ask questions. But this time I cherish, I look forward to it...me and my hubby yelling together at the TV, eating hot wings, drinking beer...gotta love Sundays!!!

Go Chargers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

KatBouska said...

I noticed the more I pick up on the actual rules the more I like the game...when I stay awake for it!! You're right...a great time for a Sunday nap, if you can fit it in. :)

Angie Seaman said...

Love this post girl. Love the game of football. Also, thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I really appreciate you taking the time to do so. Keep visiting and stay in touch. OK? Have a fab weekend!
PS...Team Palin! Go Sarah! :)
Hugs, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com